I know! Can you believe it?
I’m actually posting my Make It Monday card before Saturday or Sunday this week! ;-D Not having a zillion cards to make for other people means I get to use my spare minutes making cards for my own creativity’s sake. Also, I was excited to try this week’s challenge of masking with dies, so I got right to work!
Honestly, this was my first masking attempt – I have never used the masking technique before. There are so many techniques that I need to try and learn and practice, which is one reason why I like the Make It Monday challenges – they bring me out of my comfort zone and help me try something new in my crafting.
Anyway. Here is what came into my brain and then made its way out through my hands:
A Rustic White cardstock base, edge-inked with a bit of bronze. Then a layer of Fine Linen cardstock with rounded corners that was run through my Cuttlebug with the Tin Types impression plate and then edge-inked in bronze as well.
I know it seems like I use the same supplies over and over and over again, but the truth is that I only have a limited amount of Papertrey supplies, and I’m just using what I have! I would LOVE to spend a serious amount of money over at Papertrey and stock up on all my most-wanted products and supplies. But I’m not rich like that, so I just gather them in when I can at a steady little pace. So I suppose you’ll be seeing much of the same supplies and such for a bit. 😉
I added a strip of Simply Chartreuse cardstock across the top of the Fine Linen block, and then wrapped some Rustic Cream Button Twine around the block. The entire block is raised using dimensional adhesive for 3D effect.
Here is a close-up of the masking part of my card on the focal panel.
For the focal panel, I cut Rustic White cardstock with the Mat Stack 1 die, then masked off the center with a mask made with the Mat Stack 2 die. I sponged on some bronze ink, then stamped over the mask with one of the stamps from the Background Basics: Text Style stamp collection using brown ink.
I removed the mask, then stamped some leaves from the Turning a New Leaf stamp collection in a green ink, as well as a sentiment from the Sending You stamp collection using brown ink. I added two copper brads before adhering the focal panel to the card, again using dimensional adhesive for 3D effect.
Here is a closeup of the impression plate effect.
Thanks for stopping by. 😉